New Bethel Baptist Church was founded in
It has always been located within the
1000 block of Trade Street.
The Church has never had a split.
In 1992, it was accepted for
inclusion in the Official Inventory of Historical Properties of Forsyth
Three major areas are named for these
three pastors: The J. H. Hamlin Annex; the J. C. Gilmore Assembly;
and the Jerry Drayton Multi-Purpose Room.
Dr. Drayton became Pastor of New
Bethel Baptist Church in 1944 and served in the capacity 62 years until
his retirement August 31, 2006. Dr. Drayton passed May 2012 at the age of
Reverend Dr. Kendall D. Jones, Sr.
became Pastor of New Bethel Baptist Church September 1, 2006.
Children's Church began November
2007. Children's Church is held on the 1st, 3rd and 4th
Sundays of the month at 11:00 a.m.